AFS Track, Inc. is certified and uses top of the line machinery and expertly trained staff to line athletic tracks. Below is a gallery of pictures showing our expertly lined and painted tracks.
Lines shall be accurately placed in accordance with engineer’s plans as specified and in coordination with the school athletic department. They shall conform to the National Federation of State High School Associations, National Collegiate Athletic Association, or American Sports Builders Association rules and specifications, whichever is appropriate and applies. All event markings shall be clearly identified in lane two. Measurements shall be made on the track to the nearest 1/100th of a foot. Angles for event markings shall be set by using a theodilite capable of reading direct to 20 seconds. Marking on the curves by chord length method will not be allowed. The line paint material shall be water base acrylic latex, compatible with rubber and hereinbefore-specified binder material.
Painting takes about two working days, and the temperature must be above 40 degrees with dry conditions.
- They shall conform to the National Federation of State High School Associations, NCAA, local governing authority and the athletic department.
- All event markings shall be clearly identified in lane two with 3” high letters.
- Common finish line to be 4” wide.
- The line paint material shall be water base acrylic latex, compatible with the rubber surface.
- Includes choice of line colors, (white is highly recommended), large shaded numerals, race identifications, and shaded team name.
AFS Track provides accurate and quality lining work. See the pictures below for an example of poorly designed and painted tracks versus well designed and accurately painted tracks.